Schmoozapalooza Speed Networking Event 2018
Schmoozapalooza is a mega networking event open to both members and non-members of the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce. It's like speed dating but with networking, and you are the star! We'll start the morning off with some tips on effective networking from Stephen Hand, president of BNI International. Then the speed networking rounds will begin. Here's how it works:
- Each participant will be seated at a table with five other networkers.
- Each person will have three minutes to describe their business, what sets them apart, and what referrals are best for them.
- After 18 minutes, schmoozers will rotate to another table.
- There will be four sets of schmoozing (a.k.a., speed networking).
How to prepare:
- Bring 100 business cards to share with other networkers and to give as a soft referral.
- Wear a name badge (we will have Chamber ones on site).
- Be ready to share about your business. Suggestion: 1 minute to share about your business, 1 minute to tell what makes a good referral for you, 1 minute to share soft contact leads.
- Bring a small pad of paper to write down any leads or referrals that can be shared.
- Be respectful of each person's time. When you hear the buzzer move on to the next person. You will have time during the break to get additional information.
- Be willing to share your contacts with others and willing to make soft introductions if you know someone that could make a good referral for someone at your table - be willing to help cast a larger net!
- Be a good listener... hold questions for the person until they finish their introduction.
- Break time is for connecting with others in the room. In these short 4 rounds you may not meet everyone during the rotations. If you see someone you don't know, introduce yourself!
9:15 am - Registration ends
9:35 am - Welcome & Instructions
9:40 am - Round 1
10:00 am - Break
10:10 am - Round 2
10:30 am - Break
10:40 am - Round 3
11:00 am - Break
11:10 am - Round 4
11:30 am - Schmooza END - Wrap up
Light refreshments will be served.