Notary Public Class March 2023
Interested in becoming a Notary Public? Wake Tech is providing an opportunity to become a Notary by teaching a Notary Public class at the Wake Forest Chamber of Commerce.
The full-day course includes understanding the Office of Notary Public, general powers, attestation, certification, oaths, and affidavits. Participants take an exam at the end of class and complete the application for becoming a notary public.
The Notary Public Guidebook for North Carolina is included in the cost of the class. Register early as space is limited! The class is available to both members and non-members.
1) Be at least 18 years of age
2) Reside or have a regular place of work or business in North Carolina
3) Reside legally in the United States
4) Speak, read and write the English language
5) Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
6) Submit an application containing no significant misstatement or omission of fact (This will be filled out during class)
7) If you have been incarcerated, on parole, or on probation within the last 10 years, you must contact the Secretary of State's Office at 919-814-5400 to determine your eligibility
Important: You MUST have a valid photo ID when you arrive! It cannot be a temporary ID. Either a Driver's License or a Passport are acceptable. Students who arrive in the classroom late will NOT be refunded or transferred to a different course. The class is seven hours long with an hour for lunch. Several lunch establishments will be open on White Street (downtown Wake Forest). The Chamber is located at the end of White Street and Elm Avenue.
This is a self-supporting class, a 100% refund will be given if the request is made in writing, prior to the begin date of the class. No refund will be given after the start date of the class.
Date and Time
Wednesday Mar 22, 2023
8:30 AM - 6:00 PM EDT
Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce
North State Bank Community Room
$175 for Chamber members
$225 for non-members