Schmoozapalooza Networking Virtual Event Sponsored by Thomas Walters Allstate
Schmoozapalooza sponsored by Thomas Walters Allstate is moving to a virtual event using Remo! This is a mega networking event open to both members of the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce and non-members located in the triangle area. It's like speed dating but with networking, and you are the star! Here's how it works:
- Each participant will be seated at a virtual table with four other networkers.
- Each person will have three minutes to describe their business, what sets them apart, and what referrals are best for them.
- After 18 minutes, schmoozers will rotate to another table. You will be given your virtual table numbers within 24 hours of the start time for this event.
- There will be four sets of schmoozing (a.k.a., speed networking).
Here's How to prepare for this virtual event:
- Take the Remo tutorial in advance. Click here to take the tutorial.
- Update your contact details on the platform LinkedIn. Remo allows you to share Linkedin.
- Be ready to share about your business. Suggestion: 1 minute to share about your business, 1 minute to tell what makes a good referral for you, 1 minute to share soft contact leads.
- Have paper and a pen to write down any leads or referrals that can be shared.
- Be respectful of each person's time. When you see the timer go off move on to the next person. You can use the Chat function in Remo to get additional details.
- Be willing to share your contacts with others and willing to make soft introductions if you know someone that could make a good referral for someone at your table - be willing to help cast a larger net!
- Be a good listener... hold questions for the person until they finish their introduction.
- There will be a 10 minute break time after the second round. You can use this time to connect with others or at the end of the virtual event. If there is a name you see and want an introduction, go to the tech support table and let them know.
9:00 - 9:05 am: Login to event via Remo and briefly chat with those at your table. If you need additional help when you get into Remo, double click on the Tech Support table.
9:15 - 9:30 am: Welcome & Instructions
Round 1 will begin following the Welcome and Instructions. A timer will be visible in the upper left hand corner for each round. Announcements will be made when to move to your next table and when each round starts and ends.
Around 10:05 am we will announce a 10 minute break.
Round 3 will begin at 10:15 am. Announcements will be provided along with the timer in the upper right hand corner of the virtual event.
11:30 am: Schmooza Wrap up.
So grab a cup of your favorite coffee and join us on Remo and Schmooze away!