Schmoozapalooza Networking Event
Schmoozapalooza is a mega networking event open to both members and non-members of the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce. It's like speed dating but with networking, and you are the star!
Here's how it works:
- Each participant will be seated at a table with five other networkers.
- Each person will have three minutes to describe their business, what sets them apart, and what referrals are best for them.
- After 18 minutes, schmoozers will rotate to another table.
- There will be four sets of schmoozing (a.k.a., speed networking).
How to prepare:
- Download the Socio app, or bring 100 business cards to share with other networkers and to give as a soft referral.
- Wear a name badge (we will have Chamber ones on site).
- Be ready to share about your business. Suggestion: 1 minute to share about your business, 1 minute to tell what makes a good referral for you, 1 minute to share soft contact leads.
- Bring a small pad of paper to write down any leads or referrals that can be shared.
- Be respectful of each person's time. When you hear the buzzer move on to the next person. You will have time during the break to get additional information.
- Be willing to share your contacts with others and willing to make soft introductions if you know someone that could make a good referral for someone at your table - be willing to help cast a larger net!
- Be a good listener... hold questions for the person until they finish their introduction.
- Break time is for connecting with others in the room. In these short 4 rounds you may not meet everyone during the rotations. If you see someone you don't know, introduce yourself!
9:15 am - Registration ends
9:35 am - Welcome & Instructions
9:40 am - Round 1
10:00 am - Break
10:10 am - Round 2
10:30 am - Break
10:40 am - Round 3
11:00 am - Break
11:10 am - Round 4
11:30 am - Schmooza END - Wrap up
Light refreshments will be served.
Socio app will be used for an enhanced networking experience in this event. If you haven't already done so, please take a minute and download the Socio app and set up your profile.
Video - What is Socio? : https://youtu.be/y0Ot8_IIUFA
Download now : https://socio.events/app/get